I Thought I Was Back

Sunday, February 01, 2015

On Monday, October 13, 2014, I blogged that it's been awhile but I'm back now.
Well, things took off in the wrong direction and it's been a living nightmare.
My Uncle died on October 30.
My husband started showing signs of what might be a stroke.
Took him to the ER and he was having a seizure.
He was in the hospital for a week (Nov. 2 thru Nov. 9), was himself for 2 days, and then turned into Dr. Jekyll. This lasted until 3 days before Christmas. He spent tons of money online and then purchased a boat for $18,300. He started things and never finished them. He was irritated and angry the entire time. The icing on the cake was the one day I go to pick up meds only to come home and he wouldn't let me in my own house. He said if I didn't leave he was going to call the police. Well, you guessed it, he called the neighbor who knew what was going on here and told her to call the police because someone was breaking into his house. As I was pulling out of the subdivision, the county sheriff's car was pulling in. I was shocked and stunned.
About 3 days before Christmas he started acting more like himself.
The sad thing is that while he was doing these things he admitted when he finally was himself that a part of him heard me telling him don't do that or no, don't buy a boat until we see the neurologist but the stubborn part of his brain wouldn't listen.
He was supposed to see the neurologist 2 to 3 weeks after his release from the hospital but we couldn't get in until Feb. 2 which is tomorrow.
Then, I get a call from my sister-in-law on Sunday night who can't drive that my brother is jaundice and his stomach is the size of a basketball and hard like a rock. I told her to call the doctor Monday morning. Well, I'm off to the ER with Bill on Monday and he has Congestive Heart Failure, Internal Bleeding, and Cirrhosis of the Liver and that I should call my family members because this is extremely serious.
He was in the hospital from Jan. 12 thru Jan. 26 and is now at a physical rehabilitation place. It seems like this is never going to end.
I missed 30 shots of my Copaxone during this time because of exhaustion and so far no relapse of symptoms with my MS. I hope this doesn't catch up and bite me in the butt.
I hope that my life will get somewhere back to normal at some point this year.
Thank you for listening.
I hope everyone is having a much better 2015.
I miss my SparkPeople Friends!!!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post