A re-boot? So soon? Yup! - Wish me luck! Encouragement appreciated!
Sunday, February 01, 2015
OK... Today I began re-boot.
For whatever reason I have been stuck. I was trying to stay positive with my "Daily Victories" blogs and by reading lots of articles that would explain my body's not responding to my efforts... but it got to me.
I gave myself the first half of the weekend off. I did not log my food on Saturday night as I usually do... and I also ate what I wanted without thinking too much about it.
I just needed that break. Also, I really have not been feeling so well and when I don't feel well I just need to eat ginger-snaps. So I did. I did not portion them out. It felt good.
Now that I have allowed myself that break I feel I am ready to start again, but I am doing things a bit differently.
1) I always log all my food, but I don't always log the "extras". Like the little bit of milk in my coffee, or the spray of Pam on my eggs. I often do not even meet my minimum calorie intake for the day, so I really don't think those things made a difference... but now I am logging them.
2) I am going to eat when I am hungry (or a bit before) not letting 3 hours go by without eating.
3) If, doing this, I still do not meet my calorie intake for the day, I will absolutely NOT stress about it - as long as I have a minimum of 1500 calories a day.
4) I will continue with my current exercise routine: Zumba several times a week, Pilates once a week, walking on the treadmill or outside depending on the weather.
5) I will continue to drink a lot of water during the day. I find I feel so much better since I have started making that effort so I'll continue with it.
6) I will cut out carbs in the evening, unless I am planning a big cardio workout after dinner (like on Zumba nights). It's worked for me in the past and I've "sort of" been doing that but not as strictly as I could.
That is my plan. If I do all that and my plan still fails me, I will need a lot of advice and support. Wish me luck!