Note to self....
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Kathy reposted this from her Sparkpage - not sure where it came from, but I like it!
This Holiday Season, give yourself the gift of self-motivation:
1. Review your reasons for wanting to be healthier.
2. Think about how you felt when you began your new healthy lifestyle. You remember . . . tired, low energy, lots of aches and pains, miserable, embarrassed, etc. and pay close attention to the smallest changes in your body. Think about how far you’ve come so far.
3. Challenge yourself . . . the try some new, healthy food options; a new form of exercise; walk farther; run faster; whatever. Just make sure the challenge you set is realistic for you.
4. Set up reminders to keep yourself on track – they can be sticky notes taped to your computer monitor, automatic text messages/emails you send yourself, or anything else that will keep your goals front and center in your mind.
5. Surround yourself with others who are positive and motivated.
6. Read success stories or watch them on video.
7. Learn as much as you can about healthy lifestyles. In this case, education CAN be free! There is a ton of good info on this site or in your local library. Knowledge is POWER!
8. Just Get Moving! Once you start, you’ll want to keep going.
9. Keep a record of your progress. Seeing concrete evidence of your improvement will motivate you to do even more/better.
10. Help others when you can.
You are SPARKTACULAR!