Gift to Myself
Friday, December 26, 2014
I have been thinking about getting myself this for quite a while but I couldn't justify buying it for the longest time. A couple of weeks ago DH and I discussed it and we decided to go ahead and order it for me. Not an expense we were planning on but I feel we made a great decision.
This is me trying out my new treadmill! DH takes terrible pictures but you can see the treadmill and my bike trainer in the background too.
So excited to have it! I have a few reasons why I wanted to give the treadmill a try.
1. I've never been great at going to the gym consistently to workout. So paying for a monthly membership is a waste really so I look at this as an investment.
2. I live in Chicago, not necessarily in a bad neighborhood but still I wouldn't feel comfortable going out alone for a walk or run. At least not being this out of shape.
3. Weather in the winter is unpredictable and right now I need routine in my life. This way I can go out to the garage and workout whenever I decide to do so.
4. I am struggling with self injury so I wanted to see if getting a treadmill would help me convert to a more healthy way of dealing with my feelings and emotions.
5. I want to be able to jog the trails in the forest preserves by spring so this will get me closer to that goal throughout the winter.
Today's Workout Summary:
Meet Sammy! After the treadmill I was on the bike trainer for a few minutes. He wanted to help momma workout!
Kisses because I picked him up!
He melts my heart! Such a sweet dog! Keeping momma company on the bike trainer!