Last Monday I had my wake up call. I had just started my C25K running program the Saturday before and after getting on the scale that morning I knew I had to stop and make some changes. As hard as it was to admit to myself that I was failing myself by living my life I currently was. I did it....I looked in the mirror and saw the person I was, the person that I let myself become.
While I love the person I am, I DO NOT love the "extra" of this person I saw. It was in that moment I knew that I had to stop the "lets be good for a couple weeks" cycle and really figure out what I needed to do to get ME back again.
So I made a weeks worth of goals and will take a few moments every Sunday to look back on the week and decide how I did and what needs to be changed for the week to come. In the past I have these grand ideas of starting a program and I see the wonderful month calendar and always think that I can do it ....and never do. Why do I never make it? That is an easy answer and one I had to admit to myself before I could REALLY begin to take back my life. The reason why I never could get past a few weeks is.....................
I SELF SABOTAGE!!!I SELF SABOTAGE!!!I SELF SABOTAGE!!!I SELF SABOTAGE!!!
There I said it out loud ....I will get up do great all day and come home and eat crap. Or I will have every intention on getting a workout in and push it to "tomorrow", only that day never gets here and before I know it my "tomorrow" has turned into 6 months! I then get so mad at myself when I am at that 6 month marker because I look back and think "gosh I could have been at my goal by not if I would have kept going"! AND then because I feel sad for myself I eat! (Ahhhh my nasty little secret is out of the bag!)
Well as of last Monday I said.....NO....MORE! I am ending this abuse I put myself in. I am taking control of my life for the very first time because I have admitted to the dirty secret that would hold me back. I have wrapped my arms around it and it will NO LONGER have control over me. I am in control of me and I am coming to terms with the fears, the emotions and the reasons why I do not let myself be a success.
I am not going to overwhelm myself with a crazy workout program right now. Nope....I'm setting 5 goals for myself every week, along with logging onto here everyday. I am listening to The Spark on my iPhone when I travel and I am making daily victories. One day at a time, one week at a time....will all turn into my lifetime of happiness with ME. It is MY time to make the changes and to get that person I still see when I look in the mirror back.
Week 1 Goals and review -
1) Drink Shakeology daily – WIN….I drank my Shakeology every day, even when I traveled!
2) Run Monday, Wed and Fri (ended up running Mon, Wed and Sat)….still got in all 3 runs that I planned so I will take this as a WIN
3) Get daily water in – Need to work on this one more. While I was able to get in more I did not hit the level that I needed to daily.
4) NO SWEETS – I did have sweets, but the difference and the reason I will take this as a WIN too is that I put in my food journal everything I ate. I did not deprive myself anything and controlled the sugar. I did not let the sugar control me!
5) Journal everything I eat! – I did everything but one dinner this week and that was only because I forgot to go back onto Spark and journal. I did go in the next day and put in my dinner so there was still the accountability there for me. This too is a WIN for me because in the past I would do a couple days and give up!
Goals for Week 2 -
1) Drink Shakeology Daily
2) Run 3 times a week, Stretch 2 times a week for 30 min
3) Drink no less than 2 liters of water a day
4) Journal EVERYTHING I eat (including any sweets)
5) Self Love....find something daily that I love about myself