Best Exercises for Seniors
Sunday, September 07, 2014
I got this today off Yahoo news:
Best exercises for seniors: (check with doc first, of course)
* balance on one foot - even if you have to touch the wall in the beginning
* yoga - any gentle stretches, not the not 105 degree yoga - haha. I do 20 min. of yoga in bed every morning before I get up.
* swim - even leg lifts at the shallow end of the pool are a start
* dance - put on your fav music at Youtube and have a go at it. I love Chubby Checker's Let's Twist Again.
* squats - act like you are going to sit down in your chair but stand back up instead.
* wall push ups - I do these with my kitchen wall every time I use the microwave
* barre - recognize this from ballet? I put my leg up on the seat of a chair and hold on to the back.
** the article didn't even mention walking...which is great. (thanks BevAnne)
Easy does it in the beginning. Be kind to this body.