Recent thoughts and W30 plans
Friday, September 05, 2014
I've been thinking about this blog post for most of the last couple of months. It has crossed my mind often but I just don't know what to write about lately.
I have been working on ways to get my health back on track, but then again I feel like I haven't been trying very hard. I sit and daydream for what seems like forever and haven't really accomplished much of anything.
A couple of things that have crossed my mind in recent months.
1. I want to do a Whole 30. I tried last year and overall I enjoyed it. It was a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of experience and I only made it to 26ish days but I did see the benefits from it. I have been pondering making Sunday W30D1. I know DH plans to go to the apple orchard together and I have a couple other events coming up but if I decide to cheat for a portioned size treat I will start again at day 1. It seems that when I am eating healthy and slip up it is easier to get back on track than when I am eating like crap all the time.
2. Whole 30 takes a lot of planning ahead to be successful with it. I think part of what is derailing me from beginning it is the exhaustion that I am feeling all the time. Part of it is from weaning off of my medication (sleep doctor prescribed but insurance won't cover it so I decided to go off of it instead) but I just know that the other part of the issue is the crap food I am eating. The one thing going for me is that I no longer belong to the clean plate club. I have been putting my food in the fridge for another meal if I don't feel like eating it all. I haven't been watching portion size much but I don't think that it's way off. Another thing that has stopped me from eating a lot at once is the development of a gagging feeling. Certain foods I just don't have a taste for anymore for whatever odd reason but I do try to take a couple of bites at least. Meat has been a huge aversion for me lately, super weird.
3. I wonder if I would benefit from a routine of some sort. Although this tiredness is really putting the breaks on my productivity. I have a couple of ideas. I tried a spreadsheet layout but that didn't seem to go over very well because I don't always work the same hours. Plus I don't know if I could keep setting a timer for each time period throughout the day from after work to bedtime. A daily log has crossed my mind but I don't really have space for a bunch of paper to pile up so that is iffy. At work the other day I came up with something that I think would be a fairly practical solution. I have to work out the details yet but it's reusable so that is a bonus. Hoping I can get the couple items I need for it and work on it early next week. I have already begun working on the contents of it. I will try to post what it is when I get it finished!
4. I need to work on my organization and time management skills. Granted I have had quite a few chaotic things going on in my life. Therapy helps but then again I've been stuck in a rut with that too. My therapist ruined it for me though when he said that he can only see clients that really need his help. Ah, that was hurtful. So in a nutshell, I feel like I am pretty much left to figure out things on my own even though he knows I've been having a tough time.
5. Someway and somehow I need to pick up the pieces of the tracks and get this derailed train back on on them. I feel at times that I have given up fighting and that's not an attitude that will help me move forward with anything. So I really need to stick to my guns and be a little more selfish to make sure that I am staying focused and keeping my best interest in mind. I sense using a journal (both food and feelings) and making sure that I do a daily evaluation to keep myself in check.