Day 28. A lot has changed in a year.
Tuesday, August 05, 2014
A year ago, on August 5, I was pretty sure I was doomed to NEVER lose any weight. I had gotten my fitbit in January and had lost a whopping 3 pounds since then. I was walking every day at work, and trying to eat as many of our farm vegetables as we could before going crazy with boredom. Since then, I've learned a few things, and I've made some very positive changes!
1. I have lost 37 lbs since then.
2. Exactly a week after that day, I took my first steps out the door with a C25K training program. I can now run a mile in under 10 minutes.
3. I have added not just vegetables, but also fruits to our meals. With a minimum of 2 at each meal, we are eating more than ever.
4. I still walk every day, but I've learned that it's more for the midafternoon "re-charge" than for actual weight loss.
5. I have learned to accept ST as something that will love me back no matter how much I hate it. And if I ignore it, things only get worse.
6. While I still have about 30 pounds to go, I can do so much more now, and I need to focus on that! The scale is mean anyway!
7. I can, and will, inspire others. Fiance, his family (brother, SIL, sister, BIL, father), my family (mom), and coworkers have all started doing things to better themselves. Most of Fiance's family has started running, my mom puts more focus on smaller healthier meals when we are home, my boss has given up soda (almost - she's down to 2 a week from 14!), my coworkers share healthy recipes and tidbits amongst themselves, and we try to have bi-monthly healthy potlucks.
8. Black coffee is delicious (did this one cold turkey and have not looked back since).
9. I can do anything I set my mind to - I have completed 5 5ks, a 39.3 mile 2 day walk (Avon Walk for Breast Cancer), and am looking to compete in my first 10k this fall. I have my sights set for a half marathon in 2016.
10. SparkPeople and my family make the best support team I could ever ask for. My Fellow Foxes were with me for BLC22, 23, and 24, and then the Mochas welcomed me with open arms for BLC25. The Determined Daisies in the Spring and the SUDS in the Fall 5% challenges pushed me to do my best. Fiance is the one to drag me to the gym on a Monday, when all I want to do is sit and knit. And my fitbit friends (all RL friends and SP friends) push me to do my best so I can (almost) always be at the top!
This marks the most successful year I have ever had in weight loss. I have learned to accept support, love myself, and push as hard as I can. Here's to meeting goal in the coming year!