2,500-3,999 SparkPoints 3,785

Pretty good week

Monday, June 16, 2014

I had a pretty good week since last Monday. I set a "challenge" of at least 30 min. of exercise each day. I didn't actually meet that challenge! I walked on Monday for about an hour with DH and puppy. DD#2 started her basketball/volleyball workouts on Monday - she was feeling fine and didn't have a headache, so she went to both workouts. She said they were both "light" (her words, not mine!) and she said she felt fine afterwards. She even went to the movies in between the workouts!

She got asked to play with the varsity girls in a basketball scrimmage on Tuesday (she played JV basketball last year and varsity volleyball). I left work a little early to take her to a high school about 40 min. away. I had gotten 15 min. of exercise that morning walking the dogs and had planned to do something in the evening.

Since it was a "scrimmage" they didn't actually play "official" games, but they played 2 different high schools. The gym's air conditioner wasn't on and it was miserable! I don't know how they did it (again they only had 6 girls) because I was sweating just sitting there! So I'm counting all of that sweating as my additional 15 min.!

We got home about 8:30 and DD#1 got home soon after that from the airport and her trip to Arizona. She brought out all of her "stuff" she got and recapped her trip. She loved Flagstaff the best and actually had a friend there she was able to meet up with!

I was excited about my "official" weigh in on Wednesday. I felt sure I would loose at least 2 lbs. (based on my scale which showed almost a 4 lb. loss that morning). Of course it's never the same as the Weight Watcher scale and I had a 1.8 lb. loss. I was ok with that (much better than a gain). My sister and I weren't able to do our "extreme" hike after the meeting because I had to leave right after the meeting and pick up DD#2 from volleyball. We did meet up and walk a little later.

DH's birthday was Thursday, so I only got my 15 min. of exercise that morning. I had to pick up DD#3 from Vacation Bible School (she was a volunteer all week) and get some stuff for grilling out (and cake!). We had a great dinner and I only ate a small piece of cake.

I had to take the puppy to the vet on Friday morning (she was getting spayed), so we got our walk in that morning. I picked DD#3 up from VBS and DD#2 and I picked the puppy up that afternoon from the vet. She was pitiful and we had to spend the evening watching her to make sure she recovered ok from surgery.

Saturday was basically a day of no exercise! Unless you count house cleaning, mowing lawn and shopping with a teenage girl! I had to take DD#3 shopping to get stuff for her away camp - she is a nightmare to shop with (and for).

DH, DD#2 and I also walked around an outdoor mall (after seeing a movie). It was a nice "date night" (even though DD#2 was with us) since DH and I don't get a lot of time together. DD#1 had to work and DD#3 didn't want to go - said she wanted to "chill" before going to camp on Sunday.

We had a huge breakfast for Father's Day (cooked by me and DH - the girls were still sleeping) - eggs, bacon, waffles & fruit. DH was off (he usually works Sundays), so we both took DD#3 and her friend to camp. It was about 1 1/2 hours away and was a really nice drive. DH wanted to hike somewhere so after we dropped off the girls at camp, we went to a place that I had been to before (over a year ago) that was halfway between camp and home.

I remember it being a pretty strenuous hike (made more so that time because I was pushing my great nephew's stroller up a mountain!), but it was pretty hard yesterday. I didn't remember it being such a steep incline (increase in elevation of over 950 ft.), and we definitely was going at a quicker pace (DH is tall and he walks fast!).

We got to a fork that connects to another trail (that we weren't going to take), but part of that trail goes to an overlook, so we decided to hike to the overlook and then hike back to our trail. Of course the overlook was straight up, but it was a beautiful view and worth the effort!

It ended up taking us about an hour and 15 min (we spent some time at the overlook enjoying the view). We checked the map when we got back to the car and we had hiked over 3 miles - mostly up!

We got home about 7:30 and had a taco salad and then I had some frozen yogurt! We didn't have lunch, so I was starving. It was a really nice day and I enjoyed spending time with just DH on our hike and ride home.

DH is doing really good on his weight loss and exercise. He's probably lost about 30 lbs. since mid-January. Mostly from just eating right and cutting down on the sodium. He had high blood pressure and a family history of high blood pressure so he wanted to try to control with diet and exercise and has been successful!.

He's also running and doing some strength training. He does a lot of physical activity at work and on his side jobs, so he goes easy on any kind of weight training, etc. He's younger than I am (5 years) so his goal is to make sure he's fit @ 50 (he has 2 years to go!).

I took the puppy on our walk this morning. She's supposed to "take it easy" for a week after the surgery, but she's a very active dog, so it's been hard (she felt better by Saturday afternoon). I won't be able to take her on a long walk this afternoon, but I'm going to hopefully try my hand at some running.

So even though I didn't quite reach my challenge and I didn't quite stick to Simply Filling - I had a good week and I'm hoping the scale will be kind on Wednesday!

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

    Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by COACHMOMMY