5 Day Pouch Test - So What Did I Learn???
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Key Learnings for me:
- I wasn't starvingly, uncomfortably hungry
- I didn't have to be 'perfect' on the plan for it to work (I was 90%) It wasn't an 'all or nothing' experience.
- My pouch still 'works'. I didn't 'break it'. (which I feared)
- I didn't realize how often I was eating junk carbs and how much at a time I was scarfing
- Eating 'just one' or 'just one bite' of junk carbs sets me off on that slippery slope to constant grazing and overeating
which of course, led straight to scale creep
- Weaning myself off junk carbs led to:
1) Losing 6 lbs
2) Lost desire to continually graze (which I was doing during all waking hours!)
3) Daily binging gone (and throwing up)
4) Not binging despite having a VERY emotion laden Friday the 13th
5) Overall feeling 'better' both mentally and physically.
6) More energy
7) More alert mentally
So it's really a 'do over' for me. I'm 'back to basics' of my Post WLS lifestyle.