Updates, My Plan and Hope
Monday, March 17, 2014
I have lots to update y'all on. I am now eligible for benefits through my job, so I am participating in the online wellness program. I had a bunch of routine blood tests done as part of that. I especially went in out of concern for possible thyroid symptoms (mental and energy) - turns out that med does need to be increased. And my HDL needs to be raised. Given a very strong family history of diabetes and heart disease, I was relieved that my other numbers were great. I will have a full physical in 6 months. I have a new plan in place to focus on reducing two health risks I do have - my weight and low HDL. My positive goals are to eat within my calorie range daily (to lose 1 pound per week), while including an HDL raising food daily. Of course, I will continue my moderate-high exercise level. I am currently registered for 2 half marathons in April, with the idea of shooting for 12-13 half marathons this year.
Here are the specific daily goals on my Other Goals Page (with comments for you all):
- Follow Sleep Plan (meds & get ready for bed at 9pm, up at 6am on regular work days and days off; up at 4 am on early start days 1-2 days a week)
- Complete one day of 100 Days of Weight Loss book
- Journal/blog daily
- Drink 8 cups of water
- Plan/prep food
- Track food
- Check in with Healthy Rewards site (the wellness website for work)
- Work through SP's Start Page
- Exercise 40 min 3x per week (this is specific to the wellness program - I do way more than this each week)
I feel like now that I have lots of info, a plan and simple-to-follow set up, I am setting myself up for success.
Now that that med is getting adjusted, I have insurance, my husband is employed, my mother is finally back at her home (assisted living apt.) and it is spring :), I am optimistic that I can learn to better deal with emotional eating and get to a healthier weight.
Organization and hope are good things!