I worked four 12 hour shifts and even though I took my meals to work and had the best of intentions I ate a lot of junk and sodium-laden foods.
On Thursday I did ok, but Friday we ordered Olive Garden and I ate too much. Then Saturday my father-in-law came to stay with us because he lost power due to an ice storm. I love him, but it's stressful with him here.
On Sunday, work was super stressful and I didn't get lunch until 3:30 so I had greasy pizza and 2 candy bars!!!
Needless to say, I didn't lose any this week. But, I didn't gain either!
Things I've learned this week:
1. I stress eat. For real.
2. When I eat junk, I feel like junk.
3. Too much sodium makes me swell and gives me a monster of a headache.
Things I'm going to do differently this week:
1. I'm going to start locking my wallet in my car instead of taking it into work with me. If I don't have any money on me I can't go to the cafeteria and buy crap.
2. I'm going to make fitness a priority. I did walk today and will again tomorrow and Wed. before I go back to work on Thurs.
3. Monitor my sodium intake more closely.
I have a physical tomorrow and am nervous about my blood work. My levels have always been normal but my eating has been out of control and I'm nervous my glucose level will be high. This may sound crazy, but I almost hope it's slightly elevated as that might be the motivation I need to get my butt in gear that I seem to be lacking, of late.
Today I went with hubby to have an MRI of his brain. He's had 3 brain tumors and it's been 8 years since his last one. He was having yearly MRI's but now he can go every 4 years since the scan today was clear!!! Yay!!! And how do you celebrate a clear MRI? By eating hot dogs of course, lol. I'll do better tomorrow. Promise.
I hope everyone has a great week! The weather is finally getting more spring-like. Tomorrow it's going to be in the 70's!