The Weather Wins
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
Not unexpectedly, very wintry weather rolled through Billings while I was there at a conference. Ended up staying a different place every night. Car got frozen. Roads were slicker than slick. Walking was in tiny baby steps, and that was with studded grips. Cold!!! and windy!! And I counted my blessings because:
1. The roads were dry on the drive, the sky was an intense blue, and the sun was warm.
2. I had a safe, warm, dry place to stay.
3. The car eventually started.
4. I got to meet some amazing people, because they couldn't leave as they'd planned, either.
5. My friends came up with several solutions if I'd absolutely needed to be home sooner.
6. My amazing coworker just jumped right in and covered for me as necessary.
7. My family was ready with whatever assistance I might have needed.
Got all of my steps in while at the conference, but didn't have a good workout place. Ate better than I had the few days before I left. Makes me appreciate the routine I have at home!