- Flossing & Retainer: I think I flossed once or twice. Didn’t wear my retainer :(
- Spark goals. I made it to 11 months of 500 minutes per month! February wasn’t nearly as crunched as January. I’m just at a 2 week streak for 90 minutes per week. The cold weather is still making motivation hard!
- Fruits & Veggies. I feel like I’m at my best ever in this category. It helps that a grocery store came into town that has a nice selection of fresh fruits and veggies that aren’t all bruised up or hard. Oranges (though I don’t like the ones with seeds!), bananas, avocados, carrots, lettuce, dried cranberries. (The last three I’ve been using in chicken wraps. Yum!) I got some little plastic cups of peaches for lunch, but blech! I accidentally bought some that were sweetened with artificial sweeteners! I could tell the second that first spoonful hit my mouth. I just can’t stand that taste. Not sure how I missed that. I’m usually pretty good at reading labels! Oops!
- Fats. I think I’m also doing pretty well in this category. Mostly good fats! I’ve been reading labels, and the only thing that I can think of that always has more bad fats than good is ice cream. Which I eat in moderation but will never give up. I just won’t!
- Carbs. I’m doing good on whole grain and multi-grain carbs, and eating my ice cream in moderation. I slipped for a while in January, but I’ve got it back under control now.
- Protein. Does hummus have protein? It’s beans, so I think so. I’ve been eating hummus with these great crackers that are (I think?) mostly made of nuts. Funny, but they taste good. I’ve also been eating chicken wraps (on wheat flatbread). And tuna. So I think this has been a really good month for protein.
- Water. Eh, so-so. I’m maybe getting consistently 5 cups a day? So improvement, but not where I want to be.
- Work. Can’t complain.
- Home. I’ve been a couch potato! Since going back to part-time work, I’ve usually been really good at balancing “work” around the house with down time. Maybe it was the cold weather, maybe I need one of those sunshine lamps. But I just wanted to veg out! Did a bit of laundry, did a bit of garden planning, re-organized my closet, cooked a bit, cleaned in the kitchen a bit. I need to clean my bathroom and put away all those matched socks. And finish organizing the stuff I pulled out of my closet because I decided it didn’t belong in there. I know I can’t do everything all the time. But February was a serious down-time month. It felt great! But it also feels good to be productive when I get stuff done.
- Outdoors. COLD COLD COLD! I’ve had it!!! I ordered some seeds from “Botanical Interests.” Love their selection, the beautiful art on the seed packets, and their stuff is all non-GMO. I mapped out my pots and what will go into each one. I am ready for SPRING!
- Getting Creative. I think planning my garden took a lot of creativity. And it was fun too! And I’m still building that online class as I go.
Spiritual Health (A fuzzy, but important category for me):
- I was a still a little distracted from this category this month. I need to set aside a specific time each week (at least) to meditate/study/quiet my mind.
- Important People. Pretty good.
- Letter writing. No letter writing. I do have one letter I need to write, so I should do at least one in March.
Personal Takeaways for February:
- Best Thing of the Month. Fruits and vegetables! And protein! I’m on fire with my food!
- Highlighted Food Goal for March. Keep up the good work :D
- Highlighted Fitness Goal for March. Try to really get 90 minutes in every week.
- Giving up. Spending money on things I don’t need. And I do mean NEED. I go up and down with my spending. Sometimes I’m awesome at saving, but then I “reward” myself for being so good at it by spending! So concentrate on needs and on being thankful for what I do have.
- Adding. Being more outwardly thankful for my husband and trying to do sweet things for him more consistently. He’s so good to me all the time, and I should reciprocate more.