80,000-99,999 SparkPoints 84,640

My Unexpected Week Continues!!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

I was looking forward to yesterday--Friday. Things were looking up since we had electricity. I was trying to do a few things around the house. I woke up feeling so refreshed since I was finally able to use my CPAP machine. Hannah and I didn't get up until 9 a.m. It was wonderful, but then Hurricane Hannah started spinning. Hannah won the award for being into EVERYTHING. She's a digger, which I'm not use to, but while I was cleaning up one mess (let's take mommy's powder and put it all over the dog/sheets/kindle) she'd be into something else (let's write on the wall with a marker--thank God it wasn't permanent. She has never been like this. I guess a case of being too cooped up this week. Anyway, I had my mind on all I need to do to clean up the messes and stepped on a magazine that was on the floor. My foot slid backwards and I was on the floor immediately!! I landed with my arms tucked under me, but my chin hit that wooden strip diving the tile kitchen and the hardwood living room. I lay there not moving screaming, "Oh, God! Oh, God, don't let anything be broken." Nothing was. My chin was hurting so I thought, "Did I break my jaw?" I realized that since I was talking that it must not be broken. I opened my mouth and no teeth came falling out and my tongue was OK. So, then I raised my head/chin and saw a puddle of blood on the floor. I felt my chin and there was a hole in my chin. I got up and put a towel on it. I called my husband to come over. I was still at Angela's since she was going in to work at 6:30 a.m. on Sat. He rushed over. Meanwhile, I called Angela to come take care of Hannah. As my husband says, he's useless in an emergency. He panics. By the time they got to me, Angela had called an urgent care place and confirmed that they'd do stitches. It was 11 and I was shaking from fear and I realize that I had been so busy that I hadn't eaten breakfast. Anyway, Kent took me to the urgent care. Angela cleaned up the house and took care of Hannah. I got three stitches. I came home and slept. I'm sore this morning but not as bad as I had thought. Of course, I haven't moved too much. During the whole ordeal, I was (and still am) saying my thank you prayers. I'm not glad it happened, of course, but it could have been SSSOOO much worse. I think m calling out, "Oh, God. Oh, God" is a perfect example of how God listens to prayers which don't have to be "flowery," just sincere. Well, enough gory details of my accident. I'm just going to take it easy today, so I don't know how much time I'll be online.

Thank you all for your prayers and stepping up to the plate to support each other while several of us leaders have been unable to be online. Thanks to my SP family!!


Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post