What I Like about Myself ( a
Monday, February 03, 2014
In our BTS challenge, one of the options for last weekend's challenge was to write a blog about what we like about ourselves. I thought this was a laugh - if I liked myself, would I be fat? If I liked myself, would I be on Spark?
But many of the people in the BTS are fighting depression, SAD, or just plain out-of-sorts. One of my co-workers tried to commit suicide last week. Winter is getting to all of us and this winter has been especially hard so far. Plus, perhaps we are not losing weight like we would wish to, or we are so close to that goal and just can't quite meet it. Whatever is the problem, we need to do something nice. So the more I thought about it, the more this idea of liking my best attributes seemed like a good thing. So here goes:
1. my bluer than blue eyes - they change with the weather - really!
2. my fingers that can play piano and make a living at it, too!
3. my ability to research - I work at it like a bulldog and never give up until I find the answer!
4. my willingness to take on any job, no matter how difficult (except closets!)
5. my loyalty to family and friends
6. my love for my grandkids
7. my weightloss so far - I am happy with what I've done and want to continue to work hard to lose more
I think all of us should try this "exercise" - it's a lot easier than planks!