Day 2 - Interested Or Committed?
Monday, February 03, 2014
Am I interested or committed to living a healthy lifestyle? Very intriguing concept that 'hits my nail on its head'! I have little difficulty with being committed to exercise, or at least the cardio portion. But healthy eating - that I have not been committed to no matter what. I trained for and completed a marathon. I need to bring that commitment to healthy eating.
And oh my goodness do I have a BIG opportunity to demonstrate that commitment today. Today I am smack dab in the middle of one of the most challenging situations I encounter on a semi-regular basis. I worked an overnight shift last night - and I work another one tonight. Fatigue and being off schedule are big challenges to me - I 'justified' eating two candy bars at about 4 this morning because they'd 'give me energy' and 'wake me up'. Ha!
So, how can I show my commitment to healthy eating today?
- Buy and prep some fruit and healthy snacks to eat tonight
- Leave all cash at home to prevent being able to buy stuff from vending machines.
- Sit as far as possible from popcorn machine in breakroom.
- Pre-track my food for today/tonight.
- Only eat the portion of popcorn that I have planned for - if any.
- Remind myself that 'being committed means you stick with it, NO MATTER WHAT"!