Wednesday, January 29, 2014
I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Not quite as bad as I've been in other winters, but bad enough that I realized I'm definitely not feeling quite myself. January is always a little tough for me, I have a touch of SAD, plus I have to get through my dad's birthday without him, and we always get really poor in January. We tried our best to prepare and save, but life happens and we just were not able to.
I've also been feeling like I'm on the edge of getting a cold, but it hasn't happened yet (yay!). I have been trying to stay ahead of it, keep myself hydrated, eat healthier meals, and wash my hands, but I still just feel run down and little yucky. I haven't felt like doing much lately, and when I do get out of the house and do things, I'm constantly looking at the clock counting down to when I can go home again.
On the depression scale, I'm definitely not overly concerned about my well-being, I know I'm going to be ok. I had a bit of a wake up call yesterday when I stood on the scale and what I saw was not good. So I'm going to get up and do more things, but I'm starting with babysteps so as not to overwhelm myself.
My goals for the next few weeks are simple:
1. Stay ahead of housework. At the very least, do a load of laundry and the dishes every day.
2. Make my bed in the morning so I'm not tempted to climb back in.
3. Turn off the TV during mid-day hours. No more sitting on the couch watching marathons on Netflix of shows I really don't even like.
4. Get up and move around at least 30 min. a day. If it's too cold out, do a yoga dvd, or walk up and down our stairs a few times.
5. Stay hydrated. Limit myself to a maximum of 2 cups of coffee per day.
As with many other winters, I have a bunch of projects planned for "when I have the time" and that time is now! I'm hoping by turning off the tv, I'll get more of those things done, and little by little it will start to look like grown ups live in our house.