Monday, January 20, 2014
Chaos is defined as : complete confusion and disorder : a state in which behavior and events are not controlled by anything. It is a reality of life, and has its place in the big scheme of things. We were created from moments of chaos. The biggest thing that I have learned about chaos is not to let it control me, and to reign it in when needed. Chaos and noise. If you don’t make a small place for them in your life (or in my case, classroom), you will be a frustrated person. How do I deal with chaos?
1. C- Consider your options and be prepared for the coming chaos!
2. H- Have a plan that makes room for some of this unmanageable entity of life.
3. A- Accept the fact that there will be noise, hoopla and craziness at times
4. O-Optimize the chaos and find ways to reign it in! Put on a fun song, and know that when the song is over, a lot of the chaos will go!
5. S-Smile! And talk SOFTLY! I can create peace with a very quiet happy word. People might not hear it the first time I talk, but if I keep talking quietly, the volume will usually decrease. I also turn off the lights, open a window or try to change another sensory stimulation. Lowering the volume and the lights can work wonders in ending the chaos.
“Out of chaos - stillness is born.
Stillness of your soul. Stillness of your mind. It has to be this way or one would simply shatter. You must learn to rein in the chaos. You must learn to harness it for use as a stepping stone to get to where you need to be. Chaos to peace. Chaos to order.” ~ J.V. Manning http://www.randomthoughtsandlo