Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Ok, keeping with my commitment to write at least a short blog entry every day, yesterday was a good day. I stayed within my calorie range, worked out in the morning and took a 30+ minute walk in the afternoon. I feel good.
Since the beginning of December I have completed a number of actions that should help speed me along to a more healthy and relaxed lifestyle:
1. Shed myself of all employees. Employees were a real source of stress for me. It seemed that I had to work twice as hard to ensure I could meet payroll. Now I am working just for me. I feel much more relaxed and less pressured.
2. Moved my office. With no employees, I was able to downsize and move my office to a bldg. less than a mile from by home. My 15 minute commute is less than 2 now :)
3. Bonus 2nd floor. As an exercise bonus, my new office is on the 2nd floor. Up and down the stairs 20 times a day is an exercise bonus.
4. Have a gym membership. The membership is part of my new health coverage. I have not been yet since I have always been more of a home exerciser, but will check it out this week. It will give me some variety in my exercise.
5. Re-initiated after lunch walks. When I was loosing weight, I walked almost every day after lunch. Not a big calorie burn, but one more hit.
These are just lifestyle changes that will help me be more relaxed and more fit. My mood indicator has definitely gone up.
Next on the agenda is to set my weight loss goals and rewards. 10 lbs in 6 weeks is the first goal. The reward....not sure yet. We are going on a short vacation at the end of Feb. The resort requires "gentlemen wear jackets and ladies dress appropriately"-- Maybe a new sexy outfit