SG blog #3 - My plan
Saturday, January 11, 2014
1. reduce carbs and stick as much as I can to whole foods.
2. stay away from sourdough pretzels (Costco and World Market have big plastic jars of sourdough pretzels that are sooooo good….but they have to stay out of my house!) – with both carbs and salt they are double trouble for me.
3. get serious (and consistent) about getting more active. Keep going with the January Jump Start challenge. 10 minutes of toning/strength training per day and 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week is making a difference.
4. Talk my doctor into increasing my thyroid meds - a TSH of 1.63 is too high for me since I am on porcine meds.
5. Fight against being put back on statins. Total chol is 238, but LDL is 133 (range is 0 - 130 so I am not far out of range). HDL is 57 which is good. Triglycerides are still high at 244 so I need to research that. (If she pushes, maybe I can talk her into giving me a higher dose on the thyroid meds if I take the statins - and then not take the statins? Hmmmmm)
I hope I can get back on track and get rid of 20 to 25 more pounds – and never find them again!