The past few years have been incredibly challenging and stressful....and just when I thought I'd reached my limit of 'tough', the last 6-8 months proved me wrong. I don't feel like taking the time or energy to document it all here, but it has been a doozy...unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life in terms of demands on our family's time, resources, energy, understanding and sanity.
So here I am - at the deepest emotional bottom I've experienced in a very long time....and doing my darndest to dig out. I'm going to blog about it to help myself keep track, and hopefully make it easier for me to see progress as I make it...
I have set some modest goals for myself as I HAVE to take action to get myself back on track. This is a most unpleasant place to be.
Very quick status so I remember where I'm starting: my mood and energy are extremely low; the 'basics' of day to day life seem overwhelming, and I suppose the nutshell way to describe it is that I am depressed.
Yesterday, I began a 20 day TCM (traditional chinese medicine) cure of herbs and acupuncture. Have done this before at a very low point in my life and it worked brilliantly then - hoping for similar results this time. Here is the plan for this week:
* Take my 2 herb packs daily
* Acupuncture 2 x this week / 1 x per week afterwards
* No cold food or drink (goes with TCM cure)
* AF - it is a depressant and saps my energy (may allow ONE night of indulgence as we've been invited to something special that will have incredible champagne and wine on offer....)
* 2 apples per day (TCM cure)
* limit processed foods and sugars to the greatest practical degree
* Track my mood on the new SP Front Page Mood Tracker
* SIGN UP FOR 30 DAY YOGA PACKAGE
on all points today except for the yoga....will set a reminder for Thursday as I'll hopefully be ready to step out by then...
Had acupuncture yesterday and got the big pkg of herbals...not feeling appreciably better today and hoping for improvement tomorrow.