October Wrap Up & November Goals
Friday, November 01, 2013
My October Goals Were:
1."1000 burpees in October - Burptoberfest" challenge on facebook. I finished a couple days early. They got easier, but not much!! But hey I definately did 1000 of those suckers!
2. My very first ever 5k on October 12th. Done, it wasn't horrible, i'd like to be able to do it faster and with less walking breaks!
3. IF program. I'm going to give Intermittent Fasting a try. I will eat my normal diet 5 days a week (~2000 cal) and "fast" 2 days a week (~500 cal). This has been amazingly successful. Its so perfect for my lifestyle. I can schedule my fasting around family dinners and meeting friends for drinks and I don't have to worry about ruining my progress. I really like this program and I attribute my 5-8 lb loss in October to sticking to it. (i'm sure the running and burpees helped, but still!)
1. Planksgiving - another facebook challenge (i'm lucky to have such health minded drinking buddies!) I will plank every day in November. I will add 5 seconds to my time every day. If I skip a day I have to add 10 seconds to my time.
2. 5K training - i'm going to do the Denver Mustache Dache on Nov 23rd. I will train at the gym at least 2x every week. Running has NOT gotten easier, but i'm going to stick with it!
3. IF - I will continue to work the 5:2 fasting program however I will try to make healthier choices on both fast and feed days. (less processed food, more freggies!)
I would normally be coming up with some kind of reward system for all this jazz, but I'm planning a trip to Prauge next summer so I need to tighten the old belt so I can spend $$$ on vacation stuff.