60,000-79,999 SparkPoints 69,376

Funny Little Things (with PICS!)

Monday, October 28, 2013

It finally happened! On Oct 5th 2013, I became a MRS! We had such a great day.. despite some minor mishaps (everyone has them!) But we are really happy with the way everything turned out.. and I couldn't imagine it anny other way :)

On the wedding message board I frequent.. someone had started a thread describing their day and all the "Funny Little Things" that happened, both good and bad.. that made a wonderful story and a wonderful wedding day. Other people liked it so much, they started adding their own. I was no exception.. so I figured I'd share it here.. as it really does piece together our day. (I must warn you though.. it's a little long.)

-We had a company who did our DJ, photography and videography. We were told our professionals would be contacting us the week of the wedding. By Friday, I had heard from the two photographers and our videographer, but no DJ. Around 1 pm I was contacted by the company- who told me that they were unable to contact my assigned DJ and they were trying to get me a new one, and that he/she would call me that afternoon to confirm details. Ok… not ideal but I’ll take it.
6 pm we were at the rehearsal.. and I still had not heard from a DJ. MIL was on the phone calling all kinds of numbers to get ahold of someone, H was on the phone with his co-worker, who’s son is a DJ, to see if we could arrange him for a back up. FINALLY MIL got ahold of someone who tld her the name and number and email of our new DJ assigned to us. We proceeded with the rehearsal.
I call the DJ in the car on the way to dinner.. phone went to voice mail. She finally called me back during dinner, and I had to remove myself from my own rehearsal dinner to talk to her.. I missed the appetizers... but got it squared away. Ugh.

-My cousin stayed over at my house the night before.. she stayed up late to dye her hair and helped me by cutting out my special photobooth props (giant pictures of my pug in a tuxedo, pasted onto cardboard). She went outside to smoke a couple of times.. which sent my pug on a barking frenzy.. which lasted ALL NIGHT LONG. I got about 3 hrs of sleep the night before my wedding.

-Oct 5th was humid and in the 80’s (who would have known!?)

-Makeup and hair people came to the house and did an amazing job.. I had so many complements all night.

-I had gotten the gift my H left for me.. but I didn’t realize he wrote me a letter too. He told me via text that it was under the gift bag. He’s not usually the sentimental type.. and I started to tear up.. which prompted my mom, the make-up lady, the hairdresser and a bridesmaid to demand why I was crying. “It’s just so *sniff* nice!”

-I had asked my bridesmaids to be at my house by noon. (the photographer was to arrive at 1:30) One bridesmaid let me know she was going to be late because her hair/makeup salon took longer than she thought. That was fine. My sister (another bridesmaid) however, didn’t get to my house (10 mins from my mom’s where she was staying) until 1:45 because her hair wasn’t the way she wanted it. Diva. Lol

-My RB shoes that came with his tux were too small.. even though my sister ordered them a size bigger than his normal shoe size. My mom’s BF had to take him out to buy new shoes that morning.

-Flowers came early.. and were beautiful.

-15 mins before the limo was supposed to arrive.. no one was dressed. The place became a madhouse of people getting ready (think My Big Fat Greek Wedding lol)

-My RB (4 y/o nephew) came out in his tux and said “Aunt Stephanie.. look at me! Aunt Stephanie? Do you have a dress for Quackers?” (his stuffed duck)

-My MOH was having trouble lacing my dress.. and at the end I had 3 bridesmaids back there trying to figure it out.

-As I was walking up to do our first look, the wedding in the ball room before ours was leaving. One of the groomsmen from that wedding said to me “Wow, you’re really beautiful.. way better than the bride from the wedding I was just at!” I laughed and said “aww that’s not nice.. but thank you!?” My MOH said “least you know he wasn’t hitting on you” lol

-H had told me as he was waiting for me before the first look, a maintenance worker told him that he saw me walking out on the grounds.. told him he’s seen a lot of brides, and that I was one of the prettiest ones ever.. and that he envied him. (AWW!)
(A side note- I am not used to being complimented like that.. I’m a minimalist make-up, t-shirt and comfy pants kind-of-girl. I don’t think I’m unattractive.. but I was never a beauty. It felt pretty awesome to have people give me such compliments.. again a testament to the make-up and hair artists)

-I blew H away during our first look. Mission accomplished.

-DJ showed up (YAY!)

-As I was getting ready to walk up the steps to the pavilion and walk down the aisle.. our coordinater fluffed out my train and accidentally pulled out the crinoline piece that fluffed out the back of my dress (was Velcro’d in.. to be removed when bussled.) She was digging up the back of my dress to try and repair it.. meanwhile everyone had stood up and were staring at me. I walked down (after stepping on my dress up the stairs) thinking.. the back of my dress is deflated! I was so embarrassed. BUT in pictures, you can’t even tell.. it looks really pretty.. so don’t feel so bad!

-It was so hot.. beads of sweat were forming on H’s head.. I was cracking up.

-I started getting emotional during the ceremony. I held it together and didn’t cry.. but my nose started running. I couldn’t wipe it, so it dripped a couple times. No one noticed.. but it was awkward lol

-During our sand ceremony.. I ran out of sand before H. his just kept going and going. I put mine down thinking.. ok, well I’m not going to keep pretending to pour. (Lol)

-We had our guests throw rose petals at us as we came back down the aisle. I didn’t realized there were some heavier pieces in there.. I kept getting pelted in the face and head. We were both laughing all the way down.

-Our first dance was wonderfull. People like it when the groom dips the bride. Lots of cheers and clapping.

-The food was fantastic. I only ate a few bites though because I was so tight in my dress (So mad.. it was sooo good!)

-As we were eating, the DJ comes up to me and tells me that she never got the music list I sent her the night before.. and wanted to know if we wanted her to just wing it. Um.. no, we spent hours working on our music list. I had to have someone go to the back and get me my phone and email her during dinner.. which looked kinda rude as people were trying to talk to us. Ugh.

-When everyone sat down for dinner- my RB (4 y/o nephew) and FG (18 mo niece) started dancing together on the dance floor. Just the two of them. It was SOOO cute!

-As we were making our table rounds.. the pain in my back got worse and I started to feel hot and flushed. I had to have H come to the back with me and loosen the corset. Felt a little better after that.

-Going to the bathroom was probably the most awkward thing I’ve ever done. My MOH helped me out.. and then I told her I had stage fright. LOL.

-Photobooth was amazing. So glad we did it. And pug-on-a-stick was genius.

-The cake was beautiful.. and delicious. (Yup.. ate TWO pieces!)

-I did get to try the chocolate fountain (but only the milk chocolate, the white had dried up) but just as well.. I was very full from the cake.

-People like glo-necklaces.

-People loved all my DIY stuff.. and said I should go into business. Thought about it… but planning my own wedding was stressful.. I can’t imagine trying to plan someone else’s.

-The next day we couldn’t find the return shipping labels for the uplight units. We were not going back to our house, but my mom was dropping us off at the port for our honeymoon cruise. My mom’s BF managed to get the company to email him though.( And when we got back, the venue had sent them to us in the mail!)

-My mother calls me frantic while we were on the ship pulling out of the harbor that she couldn’t get into our house. The key we gave her only unlocks the deadbolt (we never lock the knob) and someone had turned the lock on the knob. Meanwhile my RB tux stuff was in there.. and there was food and champagne glasses (half drunk) everywhere. She had to call a locksmith to open the house.. but he couldn’t get there till Tuesday! (Sorry mom.. can’t help you!)

So there you have it! We do get an online album to host 40 professional photos.. but we haven't picked out which ones yet. Until then.. enojoy the sampling above.. and I'll leave you with this one- my absolute favorite shot :)
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

More Blogs by CHEMCHIC2006