Didn't put on ALL the weight I'd lost (which is a good thing), BUT most of it's back (which ticks me off).
I've been back on track since Sunday (my official day 1 of the rest of my life) and it's now the end of the day on Wednesday.
The first 3 days were the hardest, with headaches, body aches, and cravings, but I feel better today and seem to be through the initial hard part of getting started.
I've been walking every day and today managed over 4 miles. They were slower than I'd like them to be, but, hey, I have to start somewhere. I'm taking my pup, Justice, with me to the park and he's having a GREAT time. (I'll post a picture of him in the next couple of days, as I update my SparkPage). The past couple of days, I've taken my IPod with us and I'm reminded of how much listening to my fitness playlist helps make the exercise better (more exertion and more efficient) and more pleasant.
The theme of my page is now "Healthy Weight Challenge". In order to succeed, I challenge myself to the following:
1. Stay out of Friendly's and stop eating ice cream on a daily basis.
2 Drink more than 8 glasses of water every day.
3. Exercise for 60 minutes, 6 days per week.
4. Return to strength training at the gym, 3 times per week.
5. Eat a more plant-based diet.
6. Learn more about what constitutes a healthy diet and nutrition.
7. Cook more healthy meals.
8. Pay very close attention to portion sizes.
9. Nurture a healthy mental and emotional outlook.
10. Decrease my caffeine intake.
11. Sleep at least 7 hours a night and improve the quality of my sleep.
12. Love my sweat.
13. Love my body.
14. Love myself!
Current Weight: 214.2 lbs.
Goal Weight: 135 lbs.
I know that I will not magically begin to do all the things on this list at once, but I will revisit the list on a regular basis -- perhaps weekly -- to review my progress and to write about it here as a means of being accountable to myself (and to you, my fellow-SparkStars) and deciding on how to proceed, based on my experience and what I've learned. I also know that I will not reach my healthy weight overnight, so I must cultivate patience.
With all of that in mind, I hereby, wholeheartedly say,
Will you join me?