Month end: September wrap-up & plans for October
Monday, September 30, 2013
My September Goals were:
1. workout or derby 25 times in September.
result: yes and no. I hit 10k steps consistently, I was definately active 25 times, but I don't think I mdae it to the gym / derby 25 times.
2. workout before work 2x/week.
result: not really, we did hit the gym in the morning on the weekends though.
3. continue to track all food 5 out of 7 days /week - try to make healthy swaps.
result: pretty much, except the healthy swaps...
4. cook 1 spark people recipe once a week to get into the habit of cooking
result: I only did it once.
Overall Results: I'm pleased with the month's progress becuase I was more aware of what i was eating and how much I was being active and even if I didn't 100% meet all my goals I feel like I made progress.
1. I have joined a "1000 burpees in October - Burptoberfest" challenge on facebook. So I will complete 1000 of those insidous and horrible things this month. (disclaimer, we started a week ago to get a head start since they are particularly torturous. I've already done 192.)
2. I am running my very first ever 5k on October 12th. So my goal is to do it and survive. But I'll also be training as much as possible over the next 2 weeks. I already did 2 3 mile runs (yesterday and Saturday) so I would liek to continue to work on my endurance so I'm prepared.
3. IF program. I'm going to give Intermittent Fasting a try. I will eat my normal diet 5 days a week (~2000 cal) and "fast" 2 days a week (~500 cal). I'm going to stick with this program all month and see where it gets me.
Allright, there you have it. Good times.