BLC Recap, Break Goals and Thoughts
Monday, August 26, 2013
Ok, so for the end of BLC 22 we are supposed to right a blog with a few goals for the upcoming break and some thoughts on the last 12 weeks so here goes...
1. What is your goal for between rounds?
- Right now my goal is to lose 3 pounds. I'm going with only 3 because schedules are starting to shift from summer to fall and things are going to be changing a bit so it may take a week or so to get readjusted. I usually either gain around 3-5 pounds or maintain between rounds so this would be a slight improvement also.
- Non-weight goals are: to start a consistent strength training program, begin half marathon training, and to improve on meal planning (meaning to at least plan dinners for the week ahead).
2. What is the plan for reaching my goal between rounds?
- The plan is pretty much listed in the Non-Weight goals above...start a consistent strength training program, begin half marathon training, plan more meals ahead of time and I definitely need to work on tracking CICO more consistently.
3. One thing I did right over the last 12 weeks?
- One thing that I can think of right off the top of my head is sticking with my 10K training I started right around the time this round started. Out of 46 workouts I only missed 3 and that was due to travelling, heat (I run outside) and deciding to take a rest day as my legs were incredibly sore. This is something I plan to do during the next round as well only this time it will be half marathon training.
4. What is one I want to improve/change from this round?
- Tracking more consistently. I go in fits and spurts and my iPhone is currently broken (the camera) so I can't scan any labels which makes it even less consistent. The plan is to get that fixed between rounds and really stick to tracking everything I am taking in no matter how bad so I at least know the details and how to improve.
That's all for now...I'll let you all know how it goes at the beginning of round 23.