STRESS EATING - AGAIN!
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
For the past 2 month I have been doing well - no stress eating! But yesterday was a different story. Things at home kept piling up and the pile just got so big that I turned to food. What a stupid thing to do.
Instead of relying on my Spark Friends from several teams, I turned to food for whatever reason. And the result wasn't pretty. To much food, junk food eaten that I don't usually eat=severe stomach cramps all day! Should have remembered what happened when I ate those stupid Dunkin' Donuts a couple of months ago.
Tomorrow is a new day. I have worked out a plan.
1. Track, track, track my food. This will help me to stop when I see the calories going up & up.
2. Take a walk everyday no matter what. This usually clears stress right out of my mind. Also helps to re-energize my mind and body.
3. Remember to ST on Wednesday's. Concentrating on good form and reps helps to redirect stress into a healthy form.
4. When stress gets to a certain level, ask for help from my teammates. Listen to my meditation session on you tube. Call a friend! Anything but use food as a crutch.
5. Give myself a break and think things through before getting to the point where I will stress eat.
I will make a copy of this and put it on my BR wall where I can see it first thing every morning. I need to remember that food is NOT a cure all for the stress that sometimes happens in a relationship. Talk things out or walk away until you can think clearly.