Friday of Week 1 - Doing Good!
Friday, August 02, 2013
I did it!
Yesterday was the last day of my detox diet. I am so excited to be eating more normal food again (though I really don't want any vegetables, lol). My plan includes lots of whole grains, lean proteins, fresh fruits and veggies, and low fat dairy. For breakfast I had "breakfast oatmeal", oatmeal with plan greek yogurt and raspberries. Lunch included quinoa. I went to the gym this morning, I've been three days this week, a huge improvement from once in six months.
My husband keeps asking what my motivation is, what makes this time different from every other time. I don't know. I don't know what is going to happen. But I do know that a few things happened:
* My weight may be causing my infertility.
* Getting healthy means being around for my daughter
* My dad was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes, and I'm heavier than he is.
* My weight is at an all time high, by 10 pounds. Just three years ago I had tremendous success and weighed 45 pounds less than I do now.
* I'm exhausted all the time, and don't even try to keep up with my daughter.
* I realized some days all I was having were chai lattes. Not balanced nutrition at all!
They always say in order to succeed you need to make a lifestyle change. And that's what I'm doing. Changing my routines. Focusing on all of me, not just food. This is the end of my first week, so I'm still motivated. I'll have to see how this weekend and next week go. I just need to remember this accomplished feeling I have right now.
I'm still a little sick, which is always an issue. But zinc, albuterol, and sudafed are keeping me going. And lots and lots of water!