Thursday, July 25th - Ups and Downs
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Today's blog was originally going to be titled "You can go ALL THE WAY."
But that was when I was writing it in my head this morning.
Then, work started.. and I got a text from my husband.. and most recently, got a phone call from my in-laws.
So, today's a day of ups and downs.
The Ups First:
- I was able to run/jog the full stretch between two major roads on my way home (~.7 mi), so I decided to add an extra bit of distance in and take a little detour, and I ran/jogged all of THAT too! (Though my HRM did beep at me once because I did go a little too fast at one point.) Distance Travelled, 1.75 mi in about 40 minutes (I walked for the first 15).
- I tried poaching an egg for the first time today.. and I was successful! The egg DID NOT break at all- well, until I realized why it's not served between two bagel slices, ehehe.
- I finally set my HRM to the recommended range for me!
And now the Downs:
- Work started off at a slow speed. I was handling customer tickets, too, which meant I wasn't dealing directly with the customers, but I was taking care of any issues that couldn't be resolved right away. There was hardly any! And, when I did try to go handle the customers directly, it was slow on that side of the spectrum as well, and my manager told me to go back to the tickets within an hour! So, I was bored. Got a lot done on Farmville, though...
- Shortly into my slow workday, my hubby texts me. He's feeling sick and nauseated, can't really drink his morning coffee because he feels so rotten... but, two of his co-workers are on vacation, including his co-manager, so he can't leave early.
- Not too long ago, my Father in Law calls with some sad news. A family member (not one I met) on my FIL's side of the family passed away.
So, my day started off awesome, but then went somber as the hours passed.
My husband is feeling better now, and while he's sad about his Great Aunt, he only got to meet her a few times in his lifetime, so he's not very torn up about it.
Instead of Pork Chops and.. I forget what else, hubby opted to have Pizza Hut for dinner. I'm kind of feeling drained right now, so I didn't argue. I had two slices, declined a third, and had a large water with my food.
Personally, I was fine while I was working.. well, I guess neutral. Now that I'm no longer focusing on work, and letting these daily events sink in, I'm kind of getting into a bad mood type of place. I'm going to try not to linger here too much though, I'd like to go to bed on a happy, or at least neutral, note!