The Happiness Experiment - Day 7
Monday, July 22, 2013
1. Three new gratitudes each day will teach your brain to retain a pattern of scanning the world not for the negative, but for the positive first.
- Got a new bra on Friday, feeling sexy :)
- happy to have a close relationship with my sister and cousin
2. Journaling about one positive experience you've had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to re-live it.
- My dad had trouble getting the boat started and I had a feeling that I should try. Sure enough it started first try!
3. Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
- I pushed myself to do 25 minutes on the Treadclimber yesterday and I have maintained 2mph since Thursday
4. Meditation allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we've been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once.
- Went boating with my dad, my fiancé and my brother. It was relaxing to see watch the water, look at the clouds and just think.
5. Random or conscious acts of kindness - send a positive e-mail to thank or praise someone in your social support network.
- I gave my sister some of my clothing that she liked