The Happiness Experiment - Day 2
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
1. Three new gratitudes each day will teach your brain to retain a pattern of scanning the world not for the negative, but for the positive first.
- On my way into work this morning, I could see the rays of the sun shining between the clouds and it looked like a movie. Such a beautiful picturesque sky - lucky to see that all the way to work.
- I have a ton of energy today!
- I have a nice air conditioned office/apartment during these hot days
2. Journaling about one positive experience you've had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to re-live it.
- my fiance came to tuck me in last night (but I had fallen asleep) and he put my book aside taking care not to lose my page and kissed my forehead
3. Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
- I did my 15 minutes this morning and I have pool tonight
4. Meditation allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we've been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once.
- need to work on this one!
5. Random or conscious acts of kindness - send a positive e-mail to thank or praise someone in your social support network.
- I will email my friend Junli and let her know I am thinking about her.