July 13- Complicators/ Stressors in Life
Saturday, July 13, 2013
Wow, this week's BSG challenge Blog couldn't have come at a better time!
They asked us to list 5 things in our life that makes it complicated/ stressful; and in turn respond to how I might be able to fight that! So here it goes:
1. The stuff everywhere- classroom moves, in the house, parent's moving, just piles! It makes it hard to want to do things and just creates a lot of stress. I am fighting this by purging. I began hardcore today- getting through over 12 boxes!!!! I have moved, crawled, climbed, and sweated like crazy! (I feel like I earned the little extra food I had) This is just the first step- then I need to actually sell, recycle, trash, donate everything I get through.
2. Never-ending to-do lists: these have just become more and more exasperating as I am trying to get so much done during my non-existent vacation. I am trying to focus on getting one or two things done before moving on- hopefully this will pay off and I will reach all my goals for the summer. (And for those wondering- I am a teacher, I work summer school, and take PD- I am getting officially 1 week off after all is said and done- and that week will most likely be spent preparing for classroom set up the following week.)
3. My parents' move- this is becoming harder and harder. They have moved from Western PA (4 hour drive) to just west of Phoniex, AZ!!!!! I see my parents constantly, talk to my mom daily, and know they are just a short trip away. Now I am struggling with planning when I get to see them, how often, and what happens when I do finally have kids?! They are so far away!!! Right now- I have put making decisions or figuring out how to get to see them on the back burner- it is just too much to decide on.
4. Spending time with my hubby- so often he wants to work on projects that I can't seem to get him to do things with me. I am bummed that the one vacation I did want to plan, he just couldn't seem to get time off of work for it. I am still working on how to get him to do something or hang out with me without a project or stress around.
5. My contract for next year- I still haven't got the correct one!? I have been waiting, I have been assured I have a job, they just have to change my title. Hopefully this week. My plan has been to just ask a couple times a week to HR/ my principal to help maybe get it working.