- Flossing. It's slow going, but I'm up to once every two weeks or so. Which I suppose is better than not at all. Baby steps! I guess next I'll try to get it up to once a week. (Bonus goal: wear my retainer!!)
- Spark goals. I'm at three months of 500 minutes per month! I very sporadically reach 90 minutes per week. It seems that I have great spurts of motivation and activity and then long days of inactivity. I'd like to get more consistent.
- Protein. I've been eating more tuna and nuts. Aldi has these great little boxes of 100 calorie nut packs (almonds or almonds/walnuts). I'd like to start incorporating hummus into my snacks.
- Fruits. I've been doing a lot better at incorporating fruit into my diet. I buy it at the store and will myself to eat it before it rots on the counter. So far I've tried fresh cherries, tangerines, clementines, and bananas and canned pineapple and peaches. I've recently found myself craving fruit as a snack!
- Water. I average a pretty steady 5 cups a day. I need to make the stretch to 6! I have much more success with reaching 6 cups if I drink 3-4 cups by about noon or 1.
- HIGHLIGHTED GOAL OF THE MONTH. Eat more veggies! I will start consciously trying to add at least 1 veggie (to start) to my daily diet.
- Work and home. I'm looking forward to the transition back to part-time work, which will probably be happening around September or October. In the meantime, I'm already getting much better at helping out around the house, especially with laundry, dishes, and organizing. Additionally, the hubs and I have moved into a bigger space and gotten rid of a good amount of stuff. I feel much less cluttered and have been enjoying my free time much more.
- Piano. I've just set up lessons again. This time only twice a month instead of every week. I'm excited to start up again!
- Outdoors. I've been spending a lot more time outside on our patio tending my plants, reading, and watching the birds and squirrels. I love it so much! I've also been playing tennis with my husband when it isn't too terribly hot out.
- Getting creative. I've been stamping stationery every few weeks. I really enjoy it! I'd like to get back into knitting. Especially since a woman in our complex who moved away gave me a garbage bag full of Caron Simply Soft yarn ... for free!
Spiritual Health (A fuzzy, but important category for me):
- Prayer. It's never been my strong suit, but I'm reminding myself it doesn't have to be a big production. I can say a little prayer as I walk to the water fountain at work or in whatever moment I remember someone who is sick or in trial or when I am feeling thankful and happy.
- Outdoors. See above. Fits here in the spiritual category for me too :)
- Awareness of my body. I think being in-tune with my body (which is my soul's vessel in life) is spiritual. I'm working to be more aware of my body and less "in my head" constantly. I'm lifting weights (little ones), hula hooping, and stretching to get in-tune with my body. I'm liking learning what my body is capable of and I'm excited to see it get stronger. (One day I'd like to be able to touch my toes!)
- Friends. I'm doing a much better job of reaching out to friends, but there's still room for improvement! I plan to keep up the good work and to step it up a notch with out-of-town friends.
- NEW GOAL Family. I need to do a better job of keeping in touch with my mom and sisters. I do okay, but there's definite room for improvement. Biggest short-term goal here: Send my sister's husband a care package (in Afghanistan)!!
- Letter writing. I'm getting good at making time to write letters. The post office has foiled my most recent attempt with my regular pen-pal A. by never delivering my letter. I've been writing lots of people that I don't usually. I think it's nice to write, and it's nice to receive letters.