Cannot believe I said, "No."
Monday, July 01, 2013
Last Thursday when I was at the concert series for work a colleague from a rehab center with whom we work volunteered to help. As we were packing up our breast cancer info & table, she told me she planned to help again on Sunday (last evening) and that maybe I should say home. I told her I would think about it. Driving home from the concert on Saturday evening, I decided I would go on Sunday so that a team member would be there. When I got up yesterday morning, the plan was to do some things at home & then head out to the concert to work. As the morning progressed, I became aware of nausea, a headache, & sleepiness. As I said on Saturday, I'm not eating in a healthy way because of running from the office to the concert in late afternoon, returning home after 9 PM. Thinking about going to the concert on Sunday evening just exacerbated everything. So I said, "No. I'm not going." I texted Mindy to ask if the offer still was valid. She said yes and I said, "Thanks. I'm NOT going to come tonight." Wow! Who was THAT woman who actually put herself first? By last night I was so grateful that I made the decision to stay home, though still feeling a little bit of guilt today. I'm still tired today, but not as much and am feeling courageous today.
1. Nothing collapsed because I wasn't there and trusted someone else to be.
2. It feels good to connect and to admit to how I was feeling physicially & emotionally.
1. Blogged today - you're reading it! :)
2. Posted food in the tracker; need to finish the day and then run analysis.
3. Visited 2 of my 3 teams this morning. Off to visit the other since I didn't get the daily challenge notification.
1. Gracie & Katie, who are sticking by me when the a/c is running. :)
2. Journaling class - helping me to see who I really am
3. Good friends
4. Fun ride home with two of our survivors
5. The folks at South County Hospital's Breast Health Program
6. G-d, Who is really watering the earth here and hearing prayers to water the earth in the west