Saturday, June 22, 2013
In an effort to keep myself sane and healthy over the next few weeks, I've decided to institute a short and simple challenge. It has been an incredibly stressful and hectic year to 18 months, however, I have done a pretty good job of staying well and in okay shape. I am itching to turn things up a notch, but after driving myself half crazy in efforts to 'control' things, I've realized that what I'm really after is very simply feeling good, healthy, clear and energetic.
And for me, I know that these things are readily attainable when I keep my nutrition on the clean side, avoid alcohol completely and stay steady with regular exercise.
Yes, my weight has been inching slowly upward over the past 6 months, but it's pretty minor in the scheme of things...and as my wise SPfriend, MEADSBAY, reminded me.....it's not gonna kill me and it'll get taken care of once this busy stretch is behind me. So, with that in mind, here's what I am aiming for:
* Protect my health and feel as good as possible for the balance of a hectic summer
* Maintain a good level of energy
* Get sufficient rest, adequate exercise and respectable nutrition
For at least the next 30 days...
* Eat as 'clean' as reasonably possible, under the circumstances
* Be sure to drink my 8-10 glasses of water per day
* Take a daily multivitamin
* Log 150 minutes of exercise per week (simple simple....no new stuff!)
* Eliminate refined sugar, including alcohol
* Plan meals to ensure good nutrition
* Minimize restaurant, take-out and salty Trader Joes prepared meals
* Will be using the 'track other goals' function and am interested to see how the changes improve my energy.
That's it! I will reset my weight ticker to reflect reality....I would not be at all sad if it crept back down to where my pants feel less snug, but what I'm really after is feeling WELL and ready to handle the crazy, nutty stuff life will bring over the next few weeks.