Day 357: Rules for Packing Lunch
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
That, my friends is what breakfast and lunch looks like on a regular work day.
You see, I don't cook. Ever. Anything. So, getting things that are pre-packaged is important to me.
So, what are my rules?
1. Represent all basic food groups. Protein, Carbs, Fats, Sugars. Well, I should say, sweets. I have a wicked sweet tooth and the only way to keep it at bay is to have something sweet in my grasp or I will make a run for the vending machine.
2. Portion control. Just because a can of Chunky Soup is easy to tote - well, I'll HAVE to eat the whole can. And that can be 300 calories.
3. Plan snacks. Notice how everything is separable? Well, that's intentional. I eat something pretty much every two hours.
4. Beware of high-calorie options. I try to spread out my calories since I'm eating so often during the day
5. Aim for at least one fruit or vegetable a day. Mostly because they take longer to eat and are more filling
Well, them's my rules. When you guys pack (if you pack) do you have anything that you try to accomplish each day?