8,500-9,999 SparkPoints 9,568

Moving along at my own pace

Sunday, June 02, 2013

From reading other’s blogs I’m not the only one that feels my excess weigh has no intentions of leaving. I exercise faithfully and pay attention to what I eat. To keep myself in check I have certain glasses and bowls at home that are exact measure so I don’t over fill a glass or bowl. Even than after I fill the glass or bowl, I will pour the contents into a measuring cup to keep myself from “cheating”. When it comes to grocery shopping, I spend more time reading labels than actually shopping! But I do believe as long as I have clothes that are a smaller size than when I started my weight loss journey than I must be doing something right. I have lost about 30 pounds in fifteen months, watch what I eat with healthy food choices mostly 99% of the time; so I do sometimes make a choice that is not “spot on”. There is nothing “wrong” to having a small treat the other 1% of the time, because I am making a conscience choice to do so. My biggest hurdle is between my evening meal and bed. At least I have made huge strides in knowing I have to leave the family room and go upstairs and play around with Facebook, emails, SparkPeople or my genealogy. The family room is next to the kitchen and that is my problem child, so I remove myself from that temptation to help educate myself that my 1% has turned into 15% or 20%. Someday I may actually be able to be I the family room after dinner and before bed and NOT be tempted to the kitchen calling me; but that time isn’t now.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Congratulations on engineering your environment to help your goals. Once this becomes a solid enough habit, I think you will be able to wiz through that. You might have to come up with some tinkering bells and whistles to do it though.
    1788 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by 1SALLY2