Moving and other adventures

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Oh gosh I should write when there are things other than drama in my life but things have been pretty busy lately. We're moving into a house on Monday. MONDAY! And there's still a lot of packing to do! I'm doing my best to pack but it's hard when I'm running after Josh too. I did not ask for enough help with things either. Honestly I've been so overwhelmed that I didn't even know what to tell people to do. Did you ever have something to do that seemed so big that you were just kind of paralyzed thinking about what to do because of all of things involved in the task? Yeah.....that's how I've felt. I've had a lot of opportunities to turn to food to cope in the past few days and I've very consciously said "no" to them. I've also been concentrating on how amazing it is that we're going to be moving into a beautiful house. I mean I never thought I'd be a home owner! It's pretty cool!

In other news I kind of dragged myself to my spinning class this morning but I'm happy that I did. It helped! I'm very very bloated and crampy due to the bad time of the month (sorry guys) and I really didn't want to just lie around and moan about it this morning.

And I don't think I wrote about our crazy trip to NYC on Friday. We went there for a doctor appointment for our son and it was a crazy time. As soon as we left Penn Station and started to cross 33rd and 7th Ave, my hubby's powerchair broke down and lost power completely. It wouldn't start, and thank God it didn't happen in the middle of the intersection. I tried to "jumpstart" it a few times and then realized that we were in trouble. Luckily my mother-in-law was with us and we quickly decided that I would have to continue on with Josh to the appointment. Two military guys who were posted at Penn Station came to the rescue and actually pushed my hubby in his 500 pound powerchair all the way through Penn station and onto the train, and that's a long distance! I was petrified about navigating through NYC by myself but I found the bus we needed to take just fine and many kind New Yorkers pointed us in the right direction. We made it to the appointment just on time and my hubby made it back home with his mother safely and then got some help from one of our friends with getting into his other chair. I know I could have dwelled on how poorly the day went but instead I absolutely amazed at how kind people were that day and how God really watched out for us. I got to show my son all of my favorite sights on the way back to the train station because the bus route went right down 5th Ave. I was so struck by how beautiful NYC is. All in all it was a pretty good day.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Oh, wow, what a trip - how amazing that you found your way despite all the challenges.

    As far as moving- is it too late to ask for help? Even if someone just came by for an hour to deal with one room or one closet or one type of item (books/toys). I would ask. I asked the last time we moved and I got live-in help for an entire week!
    1786 days ago
    Good luck on the move! We move in 3 weeks. I don't feel overwhelmed yet, but will soon. Packing with little kids is very difficult! They tend to pull stuff out as fast as you can pack it. A few moves ago when my (then) three year old saw the truck pulling away with most of our worldly possessions, she said "bye stuff" a bit wistfully.
    1787 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by LUCKYSTAR99