80,000-99,999 SparkPoints 81,241

Fun Weekend

Monday, May 27, 2013

We went camping this weekend with Ken's family and had a great time. We go to a campground about 15 minutes away where there is no electricity and pit toilets and "rough it" in our pop up camper for the weekend. We come home on Sunday and take showers, feed the cats, charge our phones, etc. - we do this every year on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.

Friday the kids had off school so we slept in and got the camper ready and went out there. My mom's 2 sisters and a friend from work, her husband and nephew came with us to a local pizza joint (another tradition) for dinner and then went to Wal-Mart to get stuff for s'mores at the campfire.

Saturday morning the dogs woke us up at 5:45 and then Ken went golfing with his dad, brother and his dad's friend. I went to Panera's with the kids, Ken's mom, aunt and mom's friend and met his nephew there. We go for breakfast since they go golfing. We had to stop home for a few things we forgot (that's why we like to go somewhere close!) and went back to relax. I went for a walk with my daughter, her friend who came along and my youngest to the lake where they have electricity to charge our phones and ipads, etc. We walked back to the campsite and had lunch. Then my youngest wanted me to go for a walk in the woods with him with the dogs so we walked some more! I had almost 13,000 steps on Saturday! And my knee felt it, too. I guess it was because I was crossing my legs more and not putting my feet up but it really bothered me. A friend of mine came to the fire with her kids so she got some ice in a plastic bag for me and that helped a lot. We went to church and Ken's family joined us to see what our new church was all about and then Ken's brother brought dinner out to the campground because Ken's nephew graduated from High School so we celebrated. That was a huge accomplishment for him since he has special needs (was originally thought to have ADHD and then finally diagnosed with high functioning autism at 16). Had cake at the campfire and went to bed.

Sunday we slept in until about 8 and then waited for Ken's sister and niece to get back from the beach house after showering to eat breakfast. We then came home to take our own showers and went back. Ken and I went for a walk of about 3 miles. Made an awesome dinner and had another great campfire.

Today we woke up to rain. Ugh. I HATE taking the camper down in the rain. It did finally let up but there was a fine mist that was really annoying the entire time. Finally got home and now I'm relaxing with my feet UP (knee is MUCH better today) and doing laundry. I meant to make dinner but I'm too tired so Ken made chicken salad and now we're watching The Voice on the DVR since we're about 2 weeks behind. It was an awesome weekend with a lot of fun and activity and now I'm tired. I believe some wine is in my future......

We finally remembered to put out our flag on Memorial Day! A big thank you for those who have served and ARE serving including my niece's husband, Ricky. We wouldn't where we are right now without them. THANK YOU!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post