Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Today I ate emotionally.
I ate breakfast, then was a little hungry when I got to the office a few hours later. Someone had brought Dunkin Donut holes. It was like running the gauntlet to get past them. I took one. Another. Another. Another. I am not even sure how many I had.
I was upset by a work email I got last night. That might have been reason #1.
I also identified during the day that I was feeling sad. I wasn't really sure why, so I decided to brainstorm.
1) Hubby is away?
2) Bad work experience today, including snide comments from boss' boss?
3) Loss of control over my schedule?
4) Big letdown: after a crazy day yesterday, today was really boring?
5) Not taking action to correct my donut-snarfing?
6) Expectation of losing many games in badminton tonight?
Logical... and although I couldn't identify a specific reason, these all seemed good.
I have now stopped myself from getting chocolate. I'm not sure that salvages my day, but I am headed to the gym in 45 excruciating minutes -- badminton doesn't start for another hour and a half.
Can I just go home, or would I eat everything in sight? Sigh... and I'm so tired.
Hopefully I've talked/blogged myself out of the bad behavior, at least for a little while.