Reasons to Lose 10 lbs
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
More than 2 years ago, I wrote this list of my reasons to lose 10 lbs. I lost the 10 lbs over the course of about 8 months, kept it off for 7 months over the past year slowly put 12 lbs back on! Yikes! But this list really helped me back then, so I pulled it out again and I am now motivated! I have setmyself up for success by making a solid plan of how I will do this, by joining Spark Teams and being more engaged, and by trying really hard to start tracking my food/wine intake.
I encourage you to write your list... be totally honest with yourself. Dream the dream. And read the list often!! Daily, even! Don't lose sight of your dream, especially not just to satisfy a fleeting need for comfort. Don't give up on what you really want for what you want right now!!
So, here's my list. For what it's worth. In all it's embarrassing glory!
Reasons to lose 12 lbs
1. Feel good about myself
2. Look better/younger
3. Do sports/activities easier(I will be quicker on the tennis court, climb hills easier on the bike, and get back on that pole for pole dancing!)
4. Be sexier for my younger hubby!
5. Dance better/more comfortably
6. It will be even harder to lose weight as I get older
7. Less fat is healthier! My cholesterol and blood glucose are creeping up.
8. Time is going by and I want to enjoy sports, activities,clothing, life to the fullest while I can.
9. My current clothes will fit better. I will have a new wardrobe!
10. I will be more comfortable with my body and tummy fat will stop getting in my way!