Days 36, 37, 38 Oh I can't wait for the weekend!
Thursday, February 07, 2013
This week has felt so long, ever since Monday. I've had a hard time keeping up with things. Work has been mentally tiring, and I finally got in a short nap today when I got home. A couple of times I've had to choose between staying up and keeping up with SP or letting it go and going to bed. I've chosen bed knowing I can do only so much, and that when I'm stressed, whatever rest I can get is priority.
I've managed to get in at least a couple of short workouts, better than none, and eaten OK which isn't bad considering what overwhelm usually does to me. Those better habits are standing me in good stead now.
A week from today I will be spending the first of eight days on a silent retreat. I am so glad I made those plans awhile back, not knowing how much I'd need them. Here's a short gratitude list for today:
1. That I'm not flying to Boston this weekend
2. That I have only a week to go, and barring any more big projects, should have the last of the current ones completed before I go
3. For daughter's moving plans coming together and that husband is going to fly out with her and her two cats who get to be carry-ons
4. For beautiful crystal heart necklace from husband
5. That husband's cooking skills are coming along. He can do two crockpot meals and can steam vegetables
6. That I didn't have to be anywhere tonight
7. For good progress on current work project
8. For remembering to take breaks today