Stepping it up and breaking out of the routine
Friday, February 01, 2013
Remember the old addage that the definition of insaniety is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Yeah that is me lately. Hitting the so called plateau (i hate that word) again and breaking though those barriers is extremely difficult. So it is time to step it up. Here is the new plan---
1. Up the calories ---1200-1400 calories a day is killing me---hello brain fog and pure exhaustion. New plan is 1600 calories a day with exercise in the evenings. If I chose not to workout that night then 1400 will be the plan
2. Change up the workouts. I LOVE LOVE LOVE running and cardio however this is not the only thing that I should be doing so I will also start adding some weights. Tried this last night and really liked it.
3. Up the incline on the treadmill---- this is killing me also, but hey, more calories to burn!!!!
4. Watch the stress levels---Things can get really crazy FAST in my job and we all know what that horrible cortisol does to the tummy. So, cutting back on the stressors and focusing more on me and what makes me :)
5. Continue to research what hormones do to weight loss---those are funny little things and can affect you in ways that you cannot even imagine.
6. Be happy to have surpassed my orginial goal weight and make small obtainable goals through the rest of my weight loss journey becuase this is for life people. Once the weight is gone it is not stop everything you are currently doing just to gain it all back.
7. Continue to log through my fitness pal and use my fitbit---its has helped me drop 30 and keep 30 off so I must be doing something right. Keeping it off is 96% of the battle.
8. Continue to watch the sodium and artifical crap that is put in food that is labeled healthy and continue to stay on the outskirts of the grocery store and stay out of the middle processed food section mightmare.
I am really happy with where my body is right now. It feels so good to be able to workout, go up a flight or 4 of steps and not feel out of breath or like I am going to die.
I hope that everyone can read the 8 steps above and maybe pick just one to get you back on track to a healthy lifestyle if you feel like you are stuggling.
174 lbs feels awesome---sure 165 would be great--but I am going to take my time getting there and know that it will stay OFF :)