Its been one year since I started my commitment to improving my health and wellbeing.
One year ago I was full of pain and self loathing ... and Spark People gave me HOPE for a better year ... I knew I just had to genuinely commit. Because of what I managed to achieve in remaining steadfast, 2012 was one of the best years of my life
- I stopped smoking on the 16th June 2012 (YUSS!!!!)
- I lost 15kgs (and put some on at xmas but its going again :))
- I had a significant promotion at work (BOOM!)
- I launched a critical 'Heritage' DVD for my voluntary work (WOOHOO!!!)
- I farewelled my son to another country for his own career (sniff sniff, but hip hip hooray for him!)
- I have lived alone since July and have been LOVING it!
- I supported my colleagues to embed a culture of health and wellbeing into our organisation (all are Pacific Island people with significant obesity issues) ... and ITS WORKING!
... All this and I still feel like I'm only just beginning ...
My weightloss goal for 2013 is to lose another 15kgs and to carry out a successful programme at work (have already launched 'Fobalicious 2013' ... and I use heaps of Spark resources to support our progress).
There are heaps of struggles that I continue to experience, but thats all part of the process. The main thing that has changed is that I will never give up ... and just knowing that brings me the hope and optimism that I need to maintain my commitment.
I still have a long way to go ... and to me thats all sweet as!
Thank you for helping to improve my life and therefore the lives of everyone else who I ever come into contact with ... powerful stuff