Vision Statement....Really just an Extension of "Small Steps" Blog Entry :)
Thursday, January 24, 2013
FOR EVERY NEGATIVE, THERE IS A POSITIVE!
1. I will take responsibility for my actions. If I eat because I'm stressed out, I will accept that I am the one forcing the extra calories down my throat and not the issue at hand AND that it WILL cost ME some extra workout time to reach my final goal!!
2. I will accept that there are other ways and means of handling situations, i.e., anxiety issues.
A. I can exercise.
B. I can read my bible/pray.
C. I can log on to SparkPeople and get lots of encouragement or even message my buddy and get some swift kicks in the rump to get me going .
D. Anything within reason that isn't harmful but beneficial to a healthy lifestyle.
3. I will make time for me.....exercise, eat healthy, me time.....anything that is going to turn my life around and become the NEW IMPROVED MORE HEALTHIER.....PHYSICALLY & SPIRITUALLY....me!!
4. When I notice a reoccurring problem interfering with my goal to lose weight, I will look at it in writing. Is it an eating problem? Motivation problem? Exercise problem? Or could it be a spiritual problem? Am I doing something/not doing something that causes this problem? Really look at the problem and think about what could be triggering this...anxiety, control issues, negative thinking.... Write down the first thing that comes to mind when I question myself....this opens the door for more honest probing of myself. Dissect it totally. Get to the bottom of the issue so that it can be resolved and so that I can continue to move forward toward my goal. Remember after the first questioning to go back and rewrite my problem with "I" statements so that I can see the solution clearly! It's always going to be MY choice that gets me to this problem!!
5. Weighing in. This can become an issue with me due to the fact that I have to weigh in EVERY day for dialysis. That is ok though because, it can help me control my daily fluid intake which in turn helps my heart last longer with dialysis. Everything effects Everything. Remember the scale only shows a number and is a tool to be used. When I need reaffirmation of this, read "Taking the Stress Out of Weigh-Ins" https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/res
6. I will NOT feel guilty about every little calorie I miss counting, overeat, or may not get enough of. Life happens and tomorrow is a new day!
7. The ugliness of Emotional Eating. It's crazy how we eat because....well, just because. So, when this monster rears its ugly head and opens its garbage disposal of a mouth (I mean hey, let's all admit it....when we eat everything in sight, we resemble a stinking garbage disposal) there are a few things I can try to remember to do to keep it under lock and key.
A. Stall.....Tell myself I'll get it in just a few minutes....maybe this will work. Stalling usually gives our bodies time to change its mind and go back to sleep....not want what it thought it wanted to begin with.
B. Do something! Call my buddy, go online, write a letter, read my bible/book that I'm reading at the time, EXERCISE, play with the dog. Anything but sit in the same place thinking about what food my body thinks it wants.
C. When all else fails, eat something healthy.
8. I will be my very best and biggest cheerleader! I can think positive thoughts. Read motivational material online. Speak to other Sparkers. I CAN DO THIS!!
A. Do things that make ME feel good.
B. Make choices based on what I can do!
C. Always put myself in control of what I feel, think and do.
9. For all of the above, I will keep continuous records. First, in a notebook for myself and transferring to My SparksPoints page online, thereafter.
God is good and He's never brought me to a door that He didn't show me how to walk through. With His help and the help of other Sparkers, I CAN do this and I WILL do this. I WILL become a healthier person, inside and out.