Realizing that I have only 30 days left of this first round of P90X is amazing... Now I have not made all the changes physically that I had hoped to yet... But I have made progress and have lost some weight. The bigger changes have come In gradually making changes to my diet, learning I really can stick to a plan, and well it was a great therapy tool. Lol! In August, I started a new phase in my life (my exhusband and I filed for divorce)... I started running again and weight lifting. I dropped from 178 to 172 almost immediately. My body shape has gradually changed even after the pounds lost paused. As the weather cooled off, I decided to do P90X. I have lost another 8 pounds of fat and gained 3 pounds of muscle over the first 2 months. I know it's not huge but the changes I have made in my life are. I have always loved cooking, eating healthy, nutrition, and physical fitness, but until more recently haven't really ever focused on what makes me happy/tick! Now I do. Last spring, I made a career switch and then late summer, ended up starting to go through a divorce that was just finalized Monday. As one may imagine, my life has been a roller coaster ride this last year. Along the way, I gained tremendous confidence, found myself, found inner peace and learned to refocus on what makes me smile. With that said, I believe stress has most to do with not having lost all my weight yet. I am, however, making changes. I think this final month and then round 2 are going to amaze even me. My life is finally truly stable and let me tell you I'm enjoying the simplicity of it currently.
This Month's Goals:
1) Finish P90X
2) Follow "MY CHALLENGE "
3) Lose some pounds... I would love to lose 10 on this final month. Weigh in every Monday!
4) Take 60 day pics Saturday. (A couple days late but I'm on nights this week.)
5) Make weekly goals (on Mondays).
6) Finish sorting last two closets in my house.
7) Clean and organize my garage.
8) Sort through files.
9) Put together: bowflex bench, bowflex stand, and jewelry armoire.
10) Touchup paint walls in house (where needed).
Days: 35 Days (Month 3 of P90X)--January 14th through February 17th
1) Continue doing P90X daily... All 35 days.
2) Run 1 mile daily (try to beat time each day from day before)... Days 1-32.
3) Do 50 burpees (time the burpees)... Days 1-32.
4) Do Ab workouts routinely (Ab Ripper X on set days and Boot Camp Abs on other days)
5) Remember P90X is TOP PRIORITY!
6) Days 33 & 34: Run 3 miles.
7) Day 35: Do 100 Burpees.
1) Eat 1200 to 1500 calories per day
2) Follow Nutrition Plan
**meal #1: 1 oz Cheese OR 6 oz. Greek yogurt.
**meal #2: 1 cup milk + 1 scoop whey protein + 1 serving fruit
**meal #3: 1 egg + 3 egg whites + 3 oz ground beef + onions + peppers + 1/2 c. salsa or marinara sauce.
**meal #4: 2 servings non-starchy vegetables + 4 oz lean meat (fish, poultry, or pork) + 100 to 150 calories carbs (whole wheat tortilla, noodles, brown rice, quinoa OR sweet potato) + 1 serving condiment (dressing or sauce... 100 calories or less).
**meal #5: protein drink + raw veggies.
3) Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day
4) Drink unlimited unsweetened tea
5) Feel free to drink 1 cup of coffee with stevia per day (or even up to 100 calories artificial creamer but keep it to one cup only!)
1) Sleep at least 6 hours per day... try for 7 to 8 hours
2) Continue following budget. :).
3) Log food and exercise into Sparkpeople. Routinely blog on Sparkpeople.
4) Plan the majority of a day in advance in my planner!
FOLLOW (usually the days off schedule, always work day schedule!)
DAILY SCHEDULE (work days/nights...):
3:00 WAKEUP (take "AM" vitamins & eat Meal #1)
3:15 Burpees then Run
5:00 Eat Meal #2
5:10 Pack Meal #3 & #4 (prepared on day off)
5:15 Get Ready for work
5:45 Go to Work
6:15 WORK (until 6:30)
10:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #3
12:00 (approx.) take "PM" vitamins
3:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #4
6:30 Go Home
7:00 Eat Meal #5
7:15 Get Ready for Bed
8:30 GO TO BED
DAILY SCHEDULE (days off when working nights...):
12:00PM WAKEUP (take "AM" vitamins & eat Meal #1)
12:15 Burpees then Run
2:00 Eat Meal #2
2:15 Get Ready for day
2:45 Do whatever I schedule: prepare meals, hang out with friends/family, clean house for myself or others.. (I usually clean my house, organize, and prepare meals overnight).
6:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #3
9:00 (approx.) take "PM" vitamins
11:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #4
2:00 Eat Meal #5
2:15 Get Ready for Bed
3:00AM GO TO BED
DAILY SCHEDULE (Days off when working Days...):
6:00AM WAKEUP (take "AM" vitamins & eat Meal #1)
6:15 Burpees then Run
8:00 Eat Meal #2
8:15 Get Ready for Day
9:00 Do whatever I schedule: prepare meals, hang out with friends/family, clean house for myself or others..
12:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #3
2:00 (approx.) take "PM" vitamins
5:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #4
8:00 (approx.) Eat Meal #5
10:15 Get Ready for Bed
10:30 (usually) GO TO BED