NSV's, Feeling Accomplished!!!!!!
Monday, January 14, 2013
I have not Blogged in a while. One of my 2013 goals is to blog more. So here is the first of what I hope to many for 2013
NSV’s (Non Scale Victories), feeling Accomplished.
The scale has not been my friend for a while now. But I will not let that deter me. My Motto all along has been: Today is the First Day of the Rest of MY Life! Do NOT Look Back at Yesterday. NO Regrets. Live Today and Look Forward to Tomorrow.
When the scale is not moving in the direction I would like I just remind myself of my NSV’s. Over the years some of these have been Major and some not so major but still keep me going. Here are some:
1) Since starting my journey I have lost about 60 pounds. I still fight with 10-15 pounds up and down.
2) I have gone from 3 medications to 1 for my Diabetes!!!
3) I have decreased my Blood Pressure Meds
4) I have gone from being able to exercise for just 3 minutes at a time to up to 90 minutes at a time.
5) I am wearing smaller clothes
6) I can enjoy the great outdoors more
7) I am eating healthier and enjoy it
8) I have gone from emotional eating 3-5 days a week to 1-3 times a month!!!!!
9) I smile more
10) I feel GREAT!!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!
By reminding myself of these NSV’s it motivates me to continue with this journey and not go back. There are days I still struggle with emotional eating. But I no longer beat myself up about it. I still struggle with not sleeping right. And I am still fighting with self-esteem at times. But I am working on all these things to continue to improve my quality of life.
And for these NSV’s, I feel ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!