This is the best thing I can say about what I've been doing the last week, aside from a couple of walks early on. I came down with the stomach flu and have been down for a while since, feeling ok for a bit, then sick again. That definitely makes going for walks difficult. I did manage to make this yummy soup tonight, however, and bonus that it is only 1 point for WW Points Plus! It is mostly vegetables, garlic, and a few noodles (the noodles and the few potatoes are where the point comes from). I'll be eating this for lunches regularly and freezing some to have later.
Edited to add the recipe below!
- 4 cups (or 2 cans) fat-free chicken broth (0 points plus)
- 1 cup Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced (4 points plus for the whole batch)
- 3/4 cup cooked pasta of your choice (4 points plus for the whole batch)
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow corn (1 point plus for the whole batch)
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes in juice (0 points plus)
- 1 large can chopped green chiles in juice (0 points plus - also NOT hot, so don't worry about that)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin (0 points plus) (you can also go with 1-2 cans of carrots, drained)
- 1 can of green beans, drained (1 points plus for the whole batch)
- 1 can of peas, drained (1 points plus for the whole batch)
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients (except noodles) into a crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Add cooked noodles just before serving. Enjoy!
Total points for the entire batch: 11 points (1 point per serving)