36 Christian Ways to Reduce Stress
Saturday, January 05, 2013
A friend had given this to me a few years ago and I came across it and wanted to share.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can can start the day unrushed.
4. Say NO to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7.Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (keep mouth shut). The single piece of advise can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the "kid" in you every day.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while in line. Time will go by faster.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to CD while driving that can improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank You Jesus."
28. Laugh some more
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing that you are grateful for that you have never been grateful for before. God had a way of turning thing around for you. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)